Does Your iPhone WiFi Say Connected but Internet is Not Working? Here' Why That Happens
Seeing the iPhone WiFi connected but not working? Is WiFi dropping out or not available after the latest iOS update? This can have multiple causes, but most likely it’s one of the following:
- the way iPhones handle switching from one WiFi hotspot to another;
- you’re stuck on a bad WiFi hotspot – you’re connected to it, but it doesn’t work;
- you’re near the edge of a previously working WiFi network and the iPhone clings on to it.
You need a solution to solve the situation where iPhone WiFi is connected, but not working. Read below to see how the EdgeWise Connect app rescues your connectivity fast and easy with just one swipe.
How to Fix Most Common Situations When iPhone WiFi Is Connected but Not Working
There are multiple reasons why iPhone WiFi issues happen:
- you’re near the edge of the WiFi signal coverage area
- you’re connected to a public WiFi hotspot that doesn’t work (bad WiFi)
- ISP having temporary technical issues
- faulty network equipment – router, modem.
The common things you can try to get your iPhone WiFi to work include:
- restarting your iPhone
- getting closer to your router for better coverage
- connecting to another public WiFi hotspot
- updating your router’s firmware and trying different settings
- trying a Mesh network for better coverage
Want the easy WiFi connection fixer? Get EdgeWise Connect on your iPhone!
EdgeWise Connect – the Best Solution When iPhone WiFi is Connected but Not Working
EdgeWise Connect is a streamlined VPN that swoops in whenever necessary to protect your connection. It seamlessly switches you between WiFi hotspots and between WiFi and cellular. This way, it’s preventing WiFi issues from interrupting your online activities.
Here’s how EdgeWise Connect works to fix your iPhone WiFi connectivity issues:
- Once you turn it on, EdgeWise runs in the background of your iPhone. You can go about your normal activities.
- It detects non-working WiFi hotspot or weak signal strength as you step out of WiFi range. EdgeWise Connect swoops in instantly to seamlessly move your web traffic over to your cellular connection.
- When your phone connects to a working WiFi connection, the app moves your traffic back over to WiFi. This way, it conserves potentially expensive cellular connections.
Get Your iPhone WiFi to Work
EdgeWise not only fixes your iPhone WiFi. It’s also a streamlined VPN that protects your online privacy.
Download EdgeWise Connect and share your experience from within the app.